CATO HR PROFILE
Cato HR and its subsidiary business RPL Assist, have exceptional reputations for service and quality which they have gained throughout the 15 years of working with Registered Training Organisations and industries.
CATO HR has a focus on assisting any size or type of Registered Training Organisation to become compliant, profitable and innovative. We have worked with small to medium RTOs across most states as well as a number of TAFEs, including those that provide services to regional and remote areas, as well as a number of Industries including (but not limited to) electrical, building, plumbing, transport, rail, education and training, hospitality, community services, business and civil construction.
Cato HR offers a variety of services to Registered Training Organisations including :
- Providing quality assurance services such as internal audits,
- Providing informative, fun, practical professional development workshops for trainers and assessors,
- Designing compliant assessment instruments
- Undertaking independent validations
- The development of compliant RPL Tools and assessment instruments across many qualification levels and industries
- Providing truly clustered and holistic TAE40116 materials (successfully audited by ASQA and VRQA)
- Assisting RTOs to cluster their learning materials and assessments,
- Mapping of “currency” of staff
- WorkSafe Victoria HRW RTO annual compliance audits
RPL Assist has been involved in many projects including assisting workers who were made redundant at Mitsubishi and
Bridgestone as well as a project to assist some 200 experienced Scaffolders and Riggers, funded by the Construction
Industry Training Board (SA), to gain their Certificate III in Scaffolding or Rigging.
The company is managed and directed by Wendy Cato who is a recognised RPL and TAE specialist / practitioner and a
strong advocate of holistic and clustered training and assessment. Wendy was awarded 2nd prize for “Products” in 2019 at the 3rd VPL (Validation of Prior Learning) Biennale held in Germany. Wendy has presented at the IVETA Conference in Fiji 2016, the 2012 – 2016 National VELG Conferences, Holmesglen Institute of TAFE Assessment PD Program 2016 and the CAPLA (Canadian Association of Prior Learning Association) 2013 International Fall Focus Workshop (Toronto).
Wendy also manages the successful RTO Professionals Discussion Group on Linked In, which currently has
over 6,500 members. This group discusses all sorts of relevant issues happening within the VET sector. Drop by and join
interesting VET conversations.
Wendy is a current practicing TAE40116 Trainer and Assessor